Back home, fast



March 25, 2012

DON’T quite know where to begin.

We are back in England, having rushed home from the Ebro Delta in three days flat, due to No.2 son’s admission to hospital.

Despite my claustrophobic tendencies, which are steadily getting worse, we even braved the Channel Tunnel. I have to say I’d only do it again in an emergency. The dog wasn’t mad keen on it, either. His eyebrows were going all over the place as the train clunked its way through the depths.

Our friends in the Dordogne fixed us a 9am appointment with a lovely local vet to sort out the dog’s paperwork, and David drove the whole way, except for about 50 miles when I took over. My intention was to give him a rest, but my lack of confidence meant he had to keep watching me like a hawk.

Still we got here in one piece, and fortunately the boy is showing signs of improvement. But that’s why the blog’s been quiet for a few days and why it may well proceed in fits and starts for a while to come ….

No comments:

Post a Comment