The world outside my window


Later that same day ………..

DOGGER, North Utsira, South Utsira .. as I sit sipping wine and gazing out over a flat calm evening sea with big ships on the horizon and little coloured lights blinking on and off in the distance, I know it’s all going on out there.
The thing I find quite strange about camp sites is that there are people parked quite close on either side of us, but we don’t know them and we might not even like them if we did. I can’t quite kid myself that I’m getting away from it all.
Also there seem to be rather a lot of orders to follow on this site, and too many health and safety posters warning us that we can slip on wet floors, or that the hot water from the hot tap is hot. There’s even a door code to the loo. The place is beautifully maintained, but there is such a thing as being too well-ordered.
Having said which, the position of this site takes some beating.
We’ve been tucking into some brilliant pork and apple burgers from Southwold farmers’ market, with spring onion crushed potatoes and what David calls asparagus and courgette surprise, stir-fried. I’ll have to get him to write down how he does all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment